Message from the 2015 Chair
It is a great pleasure to welcome you to the New South Wales Medical Students’ Council (NSWMSC), an organisation working to represent the views and interests of approximately 4,500 medical students across 7 medical schools in NSW!
The NSWMSC has grown since its formation in 2008 and has been working with key stakeholders in ensuring that the medical students in metropolitan, rural and remote areas across the state are heard and represented. New South Wales trains and produces more medical graduates than any other state or territory in Australia – our graduates work in more hospitals and serve a larger population than anywhere else in the country.
2015 is an exciting year for my team and myself – we would like to take the organisation to new heights with the support of our Council (comprised of student representatives from each medical school in NSW) and with your active participation. We will continue to work with key stakeholders to represent student views on a state-level. We will endeavour to organise improved events and initiatives, which will benefit all medical students.
Since January 2015, highlights from NSWMSC’s advocacy and representation include:
- Attendance at the AMA(NSW)-ASMOF Doctors-In-Training Committee (12.03.2015)
- Representation at the 2015 AMA Trainee Forum (21.02.2015)
- Press Release: NSW State Election Priorities (02.03.2015)
- Representation at the Review of Medical Intern Training (05.03.2015)
- <span “font-size:11.0pt;font-family:arial;mso-fareast-font-family:arial;=”” mso-ansi-language:en-au”=””>State Election Meetings: Dr John Kaye, Health spokesperson for The Greens (06.03.2015); Andrew Kirk, the Chief of Staff for the NSW Health Minister (12.03.2015)
- Meeting with the NSW Health Ministry (12.03.2015)
- Participation in the International Medical Symposium in Melbourne (13.03.2015)
- Attendance and presentation at AMSA March Council (14.03.2015)
Please get in touch with us if you have any feedback or suggestions, we would love to hear from you!
We hope to meet you at one of our upcoming events – sign up to our mailing list to receive exclusive opportunities and visitour blog to read all NSWMSC news, including how to get involved on your state-level organisation!
NSW Medical Students’ Council Chair
18 March 2015
The aims of the NSW Medical Students Council are to:
- Facilitate interaction and collaboration between medical students studying in NSW.
- Facilitate interaction and collaboration between medical schools in NSW.
- Represent the interests of all medical students in NSW to all relevant bodies.
- Facilitate the well being of medical students in NSW.
- Foster communication and interaction between medical students and the community.