MANDUS is the official representative student body for the Notre Dame School of Medicine, Sydney. MANDUS was founded in April 2008 by the first cohort of medical students with the endorsement of The University of Notre Dame Australia and the Australian Medical Students Association (AMSA). Whilst we are closely affiliated with the University and AMSA, MANDUS is an independent not-for-profit body that is run with its attention focused on providing further medical social, cultural and academic opportunities for its students, whilst also providing extra-medical activities.
The Medical Student Association of the University of Notre Dame Sydney aims to:
- Advance and promote the interests of medical students at the University of Notre Dame Australia
- Advocate on behalf of the student body regarding decisions related to education and careers
- Engage and foster relationships with other student associations and relevant professional bodies throughout Australia
- Promote the health and wellbeing of the students
- Promote the health and welfare of the community
- Promote social justice in local and global communities through involvement in noteworthy community projects
MANDUS has evolved into an extremely successful organisation for medical students. We succeed in organising and hosting academic, social, sporting and charitable events, as well as representing the University and the Faculty of Medicine in the broader community. If you’d like to find out more about the people who currently run the association then visit our committee page.